Working under direct supervision, Project Analysts perform accounting-specific tasks in order to support revenue-generating projects. This position will serve as BIG Construction’s representative to our subcontractor and vendors’ accounting team. Project Analysts are responsible for subcontractor billings, vendor invoices, waivers, data entry, and innovating to make their duties and tasks more efficient and accurate. The PA is responsible for protecting and promoting the interest of BIG Construction in all matters. Project Analysts are expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both internal and external members of the Project Team and support departments.
- Post daily transactions into financial & project management software
- Investigate and resolve billing payment issues with third-parties
- Collect and review subcontractor lien waivers
- Assist with the implementation of systems and procedures
- Perform clerical functions incidental to accounting (AR/AP) activities
- Answer questions and assist internal/external stakeholders as requested
- Assist on an ad-hoc basis with special projects and other duties as needed or assigned
- Coordinate the billing process with the project management team
- Prepare and review monthly project billings
- Review the project financials.
- Establish relationships with owners, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
- One to three years of experience in accounting,finance, or related field preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,as well as the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- Able to apply innovative and effective techniques to maximize personal performance.
- Highly motivated and interested in challenging the status quo, isn’t afraid to ask questions and propose solutions.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong computer skills as well as a familiarity with the programs offered by Microsoft Office.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for the majority of the day while in the home office (between 70% -100% of work time)operating a computer, phone, and other office equipment, i.e., a copier and computer printer (between 70% -100% of work time).
- Ability to lift or move supplies, equipment,boxes, documents and materials weighing up to 40 lbs (occasionally heavier than 40 lbs) in the office suite or at worksites (i.e., vendor sites, client sites,etc.).
- Must be able to communicate via phone, email,and in-person with colleagues and professional contacts (i.e., vendors, support service providers, etc.) for the majority of the day (between 70% -100% of work time).
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Regular communication with internal and external constituents is required, including occasionally
outside of regular working hours.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction and/or company sponsorship.
Dollar Limit Approval Thresholds (for applicable roles)
- Reference BIG Construction Employee Handbook
Working Conditions & Environment
- May be required to work beyond office hours – some nights and weekends – as required by the needs
of the department and this position as well as the needs of the organization.
- Must be able to commute as required from office to job-site locations located within a 100-mile radius
from office as required. Reference employee handbook regarding mileage reimbursement.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.