The Accounting Coordinator reports directly to the Accounting Systems Manager and is responsible for preparing, recording, and administering the daily transactional and administrative activity of the accounting department in order to support revenue-generating projects. In the performance of this role, the Accounting Coordinator is responsible for protecting and promoting the interest of BIG Construction in all matters. The Accounting Coordinator is expected to maintain positive and effective working relationships with both BIG team members and external project partners.
· Daily support of the accounting team and project management team
· Coordinate the monthly billing process with the project management team
· Efficiently maintain the fast flow of electronic and hard copy documents while ensuring accuracy and completeness
· Investigate and resolve billing and payment inquiries from both internal and external stakeholders
· Performs clerical functions incidental to accounting activities (AR, AP, GL)
· Post transactions into financial management software and update spreadsheets
· Reconcile bank and credit card statements
· Assist with the implementation of systems and procedures
· Assist on an ad-hoc basis with special projects and other duties as needed or assigned
· 1-3 years professional experience or education in a related field or function
· Highly motivated and interested in challenging the status quo with willingness to ask questions and propose solutions
· High level of accuracy, detail orientation, organization, and professionalism
· Proven ability to independently multi-task and efficiently prioritize responsibilities
· Ability to adhere to monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties above are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Temporary modifications to provide reasonable accommodations do not waive any essential functions of the job requirements.